Monday, June 25, 2012

Recoveries

Today was a holiday for QC and QC-lovers, so I took a holiday from running, too. The experience of a long run in yesterday's heat extracted two days's worth of energy from me. Also to blame: Zuzana for sucking the strength from my arms and shoulders with her Z-wow 21 workout. That workout, with 200 squats and burpees, is the equivalent of public speaking for 48 straight hours in front of the Commonwealth. A normal person just can't do it. I managed about 50 burpees (with rests in between, mind you) and  I can barely lift my arms. It's a good thing my bullies are office workers who smoke heavily.

Gonna run tomorrow morning. Gotta start taking this marathon deadline more seriously. 8 more long runs! That's it!

1 comment:

cs said...

Kudos! I admire your fortitude. That workout scared me away!