Monday, April 30, 2012

Yoga hive eye

I took a yoga class this evening. It was hatha or some kind of flow-y style of class. Before it began, the instructor walked around the room and set electric candles on the floor. Each candle had a switch on the bottom that when sparked would turn on the flicker. They looked like wax candles that had melted down in the centre. 

At some point during the first few minutes of the class a hive grew on my right eyeball. This has happened before (thank goodness there are no bees!). The hive messed up my contact lens and turned my eye into cranberry jelly - a squashed squint of allergy that was under constant rain pour, what with the buckets of sweat. Maybe the hive is a sign of an allergy, but to what. Sun salutations? I have no idea why it turned up, or who sent it, but although unpleasant it didn't detract a fig from the relaxation I was feeling. My girdles have been loosened! Shoulder and hip, that is.

No comments: