Saturday, April 28, 2012

Volcanic embers


Saturday mornings are becoming the exquisite gems of my week. I'm keen on a long snooze after a week of sleep deprivation and work, but I'm unable to sleep in much on Saturday and Sunday mornings and it has nothing to do with the hour of my bedtime. I chalk it up to re-aligned circadian rhythms and the cat, who is definitely a morning person....er, kitty. I used to be such a night owl but that seems long ago now.

The joy of my Saturday morning is in the solitude. One of my favorite things to do on a weekend morning is watch movies; a night of shadowy dreams sets me in a suitable frame of mind for watching something deep and complex. The other thing I like to do on weekend mornings is run.

I haven't been discussing my running lately, but there has been some activity. I ran on Thursday at work, and then last night when I got home - the cool wind felt refreshing. Yesterday morning I also did a Bodyrock session (actually it was an intensive Zuzana Light session with a murder of burpees) which armed me for a long and challenging day in battle. Some morning start better with sparks; others with embers.


No comments: