Wednesday, April 25, 2012

CBC

Retired people who are still bitter about their jobs are sad but also really funny. I wonder how they can still carry the passion to hate an organization they are no longer a part of. One from which they have been liberated.

If your job was to torture people, or if you were bullied for years and just retired five minutes ago, your residual anger at your former employer could be understandable.

But if you just got up in the mornings and went off to your kinda crappy but tolerable office for your entire career and now you don`t have to because you are retired, the rest of the working world finds you very, very lucky, and would you please now just move ahead with your life.

Yesterday two women on a busy street commented on my purse, a CBC satchel. One of them asked me where I got it. After I told her where I bought it, she sputtered, I worked for the CBC for 35 years and I never got one of those.

Gee, that`s too bad, you didn`t get a purse. What a horrible oversight! I bet you totally deserved a canvas satchel! And I bet your managers are kicking themselves to this day for letting you go.

1 comment:

cs said...

Oh, man, if I was there, it would have been one of those rare times I wished for the internet at my fingers (otherwise I'm enjoying an iPhone-free existence drifting through real life).

A quick google, et voila: http://www.ipolitics.ca/2012/04/13/op-ed-funding-cuts-expose-cbc-pension-ponzi/

So, she probably has a pretty nice cushion but still she is whining about a canvas bag?! LOLOLOL