Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Teak and steak

The southern trip is over and we've been back to city pace for a few days now. After two days of office work, I can feel the familiar stresses sinking in, the roots searching blindly for places on which to take hold, though I can still feel the influence of sunlight and rest on my psyche.

I may be home among the pine trees but my core remains a trunk of Costa Rican teak wood. I hope it can stay that way until at least the next excursion.

:: Daydreaming under the heart leaf tree ::

I'm going to try to focus on small things for the next few weeks. I need to remember that my job is just a day job. Put in the time, then put yourself on the bus back home. D and I are planning regular mud facials to keep the relaxation boat afloat. Then there's running. Cake and bubble tea. 

I attended a spin class tonight, a friend's final class of the season. I chose the bike nearest the back door, swung wide open to catch spring breezes and air out the sweaty studio. Now and then I caught a whiff of the outdoors, the earthy scent of steak grilling on a barbeque, and my stomach gurgled like a delighted baby.

No comments: