Sunday, April 1, 2012

Snowy morning

This morning's run was planned, executed and thoroughly enjoyed, even in wet falling snow. I can get nostalgic about everything, and so after a winter of few long jaunts I was hankering for a path run regardless of the weather (hat and sunglasses are reliable cures for almost every season). 

On the path I giggled at some geese hissing in my direction. Rude, I know. They have't seen a lot of humans yet, especially humans charging toward them and their mates on high speed cycles, so I guess they're not used to the idea of sharing the path (but they will learn). There weren't many people out this morning but I passed some walkers and was passed in karmic return by cyclists. 

I also:

Considered how poached eggs (and other Big Breakfast fixins) can serve as catalysts. 
Appreciated my new running gloves.
Cursed my undercharged music player.

Hoping for Montreal. Anticipating Deventer. Aching for Tamarindo.  
Recalling how my toes feel after running 17k.



No comments: