Monday, July 18, 2011

Vegetable meal


Vegetables are enticing when the humidity skyrockets and my appetite plummets. Ok, that could also be because I haven't run in a long time!


I made a Greek salad to get into the culinary swing of things. It's been a few weeks since I putted around the kitchen. So, two chopped tomatoes, half a cuke, and a bit of red pepper later, and I'm gettign out the old green bowl and adding feta, black olives, minced parsley and oregano. I probably havn't used that bowl since snow lay on my lawn. So I mixed it all up and added my special secret ingredient, and yeah, it's pretty tasty.






















I stuffed some mushrooms with 3 minced garlic cloves and some Greek salad ingredients, and baked the caps for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

















This was all very delicious. I was going to try to dry out after Bluesfest, camping expeditions and family visits, but a glass of white wine was wonderful with this earthy, evening-long meal.

No comments: