Monday, July 4, 2011

The show must go on

I missed my long run yesterday, so I went for a longer-than-usual weekday run this morning - about 40 minutes. It was a quiet adventure. The path was sparsely populated with cyclists and even the geese were barely representin'. I don't know how to explain the lack of fowl, but the low numbers of humans might be evidence that the government days of summer vacation are now upon us. Every June, the volume of cyclists on the paths in the morning hours jumps astronomically, and it becomes difficult to find a safe place downtown to lock up my bike for the day. Later, in July, government workers take holidays and the volume of cyclists decreases, which in turn increases my general happiness during my morning commute! I like a lot of room, what can I say.

The paths are not deserted, though. This morning I spied a woman on a bike dressed as a clown. No wig or theatrical makeup - not even a red honka-honka nose! - and I didn't notice any extra-long red shoes curled across the pedals, so I guess she was a clown from the neck down and the ankles up. A clown/human hybrid.

No comments: