Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Breakfast on the road



I ran this morning for the first time in a while, and my body let me know that it wasn't thrilled with this decision. I got plenty of sleep last night, and the morning air was cooler than it has been, but still muggy enough to feel like I was running through water. The route was the usual short one but I felt some leg-related twinge that I could not pinpoint, so I ran on, slowly and a trifle awkwardly. I felt like it had been months since my last run instead of two paltry weeks. How easily the muscles forget.


I mixed together a scoop of protein powder, cold coffee and a banana for breakfast on the run. How I wish I could have settled down instead to the company of a certain sun-inclined gentleman and this:



:: Banana bread French toast ::

No comments: