Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Enchantment

Part-time work perk # 69: getting up really early only a few times a week. Although my sleeping habits could be described as, let's say, dishevelled, I have managed a few heavy footsteps along my route while semi-conscious, eyelids heavy and cap pulled down low. A mystical feeling hangs in the air at that hour. The day of the dawn is like a sandwich in the mind awaiting assembly. Like an airplane lingering on the tarmack, capable of liftoff in any direction, but assuredly up. If you have the luxury, you can sit and watch the sky change by the minute, demonstrating every color it owns from dark to pale, until the yolk of the sun cracks the horizon and breaks the spell that lulled you into believing that you are the only person to witness this transformation.

But, this morning it rained.

1 comment:

cs said...

Very poetic!

This morning was quite dark...I don't think there was much transformation from night. hah

Oh, yes, re: marzipan...I'm kind of sick of gels (sick of paying extra for corn syrup, sick of going out of my way to buy high-priced corn syrup, sick of eating inconvenient and expensive corn syrup...) so I figure I might as well experiment with whatever seems tasty. Body knows best. We'll see where this gets me.