Friday, March 7, 2014

Routine needs a poutine

Another fierce morning. Minus 18. From my window the sky is pale blue. Light streaks of cloud and the fading white trail of a plane add dimension. If you could see only the sky above the city you might conclude that you were witnessing a beautiful summer day taking shape. "Morning is Broken" would be playing in the background (unless you treasure irony).

This winter is outlasting my love for it. I like the cold and adore snow but I'm ready for something different. A change of events. I feel unenthusiastic about my usual gym routines. Even the awesome Thursday evening spinning class feels boring and repetitive. And I know it isn't really that way. Challenging and energetic, that class has revived my outlook on life after many soul-crushing days of clients and bosses. 

Going skating now!

No comments: