Monday, March 3, 2014

Cold spell

Yeah...it's still winter. It would be great to stay outside in the clear sunshine (even at 4:30!) but it's just too cold. I think we'll only have to hang in for a couple more weeks and then spring will arrive and make it better with flowers and puppies and happiness.

I joined D for a round of P90X chest exercises when I got home. I missed it last week and I swear I could feel the absence. I felt weaker. Ha! Impossible. 

Anyway, this one is a satisfying mix of push ups and chin ups (which we simulate with bands). Some of the push ups are super uncomfortable, like diamond push ups where the thumbs and index fingers touch. I spread my hands apart to ease off a bit but it's still difficult. Oh, they're all difficult. 

I'm really glad D is riding the P90X train. I get pulled into doing the exercises with him occasionally and it helps me address my weaker areas. Upper body exercises are challenging. I don't lack in motivation for doing activities I love, but to carry out upper body exercises when I can barely manage one full push up requires a routine, a partner, and the promise of a delicious dinner afterwards. (Note: tonight it was leftovers.)

The 15-minute ab routine afterwards was so hard...ugh. It's over!

No comments: