Sunday, March 2, 2014

Listen to this

It's too cold for outdoor running, at least for me, so I've been finding solace in the treadmills at the gym. A handful of the treadmills have 60-minute settings (others have a 35-minute max), and all have 3-speed fans and TVs. Runners almost never have to wait for a machine because the gym is well stocked. We are well taken care of here.

I'm back to doing long Sunday runs again, a decision I've been aligned with since early January. Long runs on treadmills are interesting because, conversely, the potential for boredom is so high. I don't know if it's an indication of age, but my taste for audio pairings on the Sunday run has veered from music to podcasts. Music is fine for outdoors where visual variety abounds - because one actually moves. Podcasts are suitable for indoor running because they engage my mind and curiosity. I can concentrate for up to several minutes without checking machine stats for my speed, distance remaining, etc.

So far, I'm loving This American Life. Which I follow up with a round or two of this.

15k.

No comments: