Thursday, June 30, 2011

More geese

I ran yesterday morning. After the storm the night before, the air was cooler and it was easier to pick up the pace. The last few morning runs were slow adventures; they felt like opportunities to test how much water your clothes could hold and still hang on you. But yesterday I felt lighter and of course drier. The geese are still around, wandering all over the paths, and I think some of the adults are raising their second batch of babies. I'm not sure why people find them exasperating. They're messy and they require path users to slow down and take care, especially the cyclists, but they seem to know that they have a right to be there, just like the rest of us. You gotta respect that. Yesterday I watched a cyclist almost mow down a goose that was trying to cross the path. It was a close call.

No comments: