Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Grown-up

I ran this morning and my clothes were drenched within minutes. I don't mind the humidity most of the time since I live underground, in a way. A friend gave me a fantastic bottle of wine that tastes very complex, and I drank a glass last night and another tonight. Drinking this wine is like hanging out with Jackson Pollack: you suspect that a lot lies below the surface but you're not sure you can appreciate the complexity. Anyway, the wine is delicious. It tastes very grown up to me. I have been following a grown-up tangent lately and it feels refreshing, like I'm ready for it. I still eat PB&B sandwiches though, and jujubes, and I still steal the blankets at night. I think being an adult means also being a child and a teenager, too.

2 comments:

cs said...

"Adults" can still eat jujubes, but as a part of "molecular cuisine." :D

Fran said...

Can, and do. :-)