Sunday, February 22, 2015

Still February. Still freezing.

Goal set! I have set my heart on a fall marathon. Yay! Only thing left to do is train through the summer heat. Nothing to it...yeeeaaaah.

This morning I fumbled through a run on the treadmill. In these temperatures it's a blessing to be able to run indoors...but we are charged mentally for the service. I'm sure I've complained before (repeatedly) about this aspect of treadmill training. It just means you have to make your own fun, even if said fun amounts to what I am about to describe.

Today, I listened to podcasts and watched life unfold on the other side of the floor-to-ceiling windows of the gym. I saw people walking their dogs, and a tiny dog scramble frantically across the top of a snowbank. Noticed a mother and child playfully hide from each other behind snowbanks as though it weren't minus kajillion degrees outside.

I thought I deserved a break and also something fresh, so for dinner I cooked a potful of Pasta with Creamy Pumpkin Sauce. Added a bunch of broccoli. Danced a little jig in my head because I was able to hold back from eating it all, thereby reserving a portion to enjoy for lunch tomorrow. 

Plus, I accidentally threw too much garlic into the dish, which will make my breath grossly irritating to those around me. Such serendipity. Could life possibly provide more than two thumbs up?

Today: 15 km
Total weekly mileage: 33 km

No comments: