Monday, August 25, 2014

Water bottle

I've been doing more running over the summer than this blog will tell you. Last week, though, I had a lot on my mind and in my calendar. Loose ends to tie up and conumdrums to puzzle over. As a result, almost no running happened. Plus, the weather was cool and the rain chased me away from my running route. It's a mental game, isn't it? Getting out the door when the weather is misbehaving and no one is waiting on you. The short runs I did get through (a 5k and a 10k) did not come close to balancing out the abundant eating and drinking (highlights include fries, cheese, wine, and cake).

I ran today. My plan is to run a lot for the next 10 days until the next leg begins, replacing short morning runs with day-long meanders on unfamiliar routes. My water bottle, however, remains a constant companion.

No comments: