Sunday, August 31, 2014

Be positive

The temperature this morning was only 22 degrees but the humidity was off the charts. I only found this out by actually being outside, aka the hard way. Thought it might rain but it didn't. So whatever, it's my last 20k for a while (in running mode; plenty of long walks of at least that distance remain ahead - is it too late to plead insanity and refund my flight to Lisbon?) so I slowed down and forged ahead to home and breakfast. Somewhere along the last 5k I spied a message scrawled in purple chalk on the asphalt - be positive. It was exactly what I needed to hear/read! Motivation plus puzzle. Who wrote that and why? And why in chalk? Permanent marker next time!

Pesto pasta with peppers, chilies and walnuts afterwards:



2 comments:

cs said...

Best wishes for amazing walks and food on the other side of the Atlantic!

Fran said...

Thanks! Check out my blog! The link is listed on my site.