Sunday, August 3, 2014

Running by roses

Long run day. I took the route that follows the river because the gravel path is peaceful and beautiful in summer, a season that is not, I have found, endless. My plan is to run there along the beautiful river often before September sets in and I have to leave for my trip.

A few copse of pink rose bushes dot the path (sounds posh, doesn't it?). The roses smell intensely earlier in the morning, during the first half of my run. When I double-back and pass the roses for a second time, their scent is less pronounced, perhaps because by then the dew has completely evaporated, leaving the roses dry and less perfumey.

18km.
// Dry martini beach //

3 comments:

cs said...

Ah, you're back in that shady greenspace by the river! I wish you many relaxing runs there!

Fran said...

You got it exactly! Such a peaceful place to run; my only suggestion to improve it (for runners anyway) would be a water fountain....

Fran said...

And thanks for the good wishes!