Monday, March 25, 2013

Looks odd, tastes great


He made it! 

D survived a couple of train fiascoes and found his way to shelter with new friends, red wine and dinner. I'm relieved to hear he got there and was stoked to see a pic of the "pilgrim's meal" he was served: fries, sausage and a blop of a something that might have suggested a new take on mac n' cheese. Or, was inspired by such. I'm sure it would be appetizing if you hadn't had so much as a crumb all day, haha.




Speaking of. I tried a recommended recipe from the Gaz. I think I got the ingredients right because the muffin-y things tasted delicious and I felt happy n' satisfied afterwards. But let's talk presentation. I over-filled the muffin tins with batter, and after rising in the oven they looked like baby aliens erupting from their metal incubation units, shrieking with rage.


Raaaaa!! A face only Sigourney Weaver could love.

Like an alien predator myself, I ripped them apart while still warm and stuffed them into my mouth. Yum yum.

You look tasty and weak. Are you our mom?

2 comments:

cs said...

The presentation is AWESOME! They look so dynamic and gnarly! And the craters would perfectly contain a bit of rose water mixed with honey into butter (a bit of recent evolution over here)/

Is D doing El Camino de Santiago? Best train/tramp vibes to him!

Fran said...

Rose water! Girl, you all over the map with your food combos! The nicest lassi I've ever tasted was rose. It was like drinking a garden at dawn. Yep, that's the spiritual path D is following, seems to be loving it so far. I'll tell him you sent good vibes. GL with your skool werk!