Thursday, August 16, 2012

A Lot of Tacos

Another successful trip to Taco Lot! D was curious to see what was listed on the chalk board menu. Turned out they were out of beef, fish and their regular veggie filling. My plate was loaded with two veggie tacos (with sauteed veggies inside), rice and black beans, green salad, watermelon slices and a big squirt of the salsa verde sauce:


Healthy and light, the whole shebang was pretty phenomenal. Even the wasps who regularly stopped by for a buzz seemed to think so.

I closed another chapter in my professional life on Friday after finishing work in Gatineau. It was a long year, but I got through it with new friends and contacts, and some shiny new skills. I'm glad I made the move back to this side of the river. If I ever again entertain the thought that I could be doing better, I'll know what I need to do -- find something else to engage my neural synapses.


3 comments:

cs said...

Where is Taco Lot? It looks very tasty.

Fran said...

On a snaky turn as Somerset West morphs into Wellington Avenue, and in a parking lot across from Cozy's restaurant, Taco Lot happens.

Try this: http://tinyurl.com/8w4pq73

cs said...

Thank you! A parking lot establishment is essentially an outdoor establishment, and thus a good mid-run fuel establishment. :D