Saturday, March 3, 2012

Coconut Lagoon

I had dinner this evening at Coconut Lagoon, which serves South Indian cuisine. As we were deciding where to eat, I told my friend, I like the word coconut and I like the word lagoon, and she said, I heard it's a good resto, so we hunted down the address in the middle of a blizzard and tried it out.

We ordered a peas and cheese dish and a veggie korma, along with steamed rice and a basket of paratha, which I guess I would describe as South Indian version of naan bread. It's made of coiled dough, and is easy to pull/rip apart.

The dishes were well seasoned and creamy, and the paratha were steaming hot. The vada were also really good, perfectly bland vehicles for transmitting the tasty coconut and sambal sauces to the mouth. Sadly, no pictures were snapped of our dining event, so you will have to take my word that it was a damn good tasty meal.

Next time, though, I'm getting the thali. I spied the round trays of stainless steel on other tables and the variety of dishes beckoned to me. 

And I went running last night for an hour! I woke up (after 10 marvelous hours of sleep!) to the familiar calf tingle - not pain, just a feeling that the calves had been used. Hopefully I can get that going again tomorrow. 

Meet me here for a pina colada around 2pm?



No comments: