Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I says...

...it's nice to be done teaching for the week!

We had a fun spin class tonight (with perhaps a few too many sprints thrown in to the mix because I love them and they certainly help to pass the time!), and afterwards I relaxed with a cold beer and some hummus with steamed broccoli and rice crackers.

The broc probably sounds like it has no business hanging around there, but really, a head of broc belongs just about everywhere. (Except in or around angel food cake. -Ed.)

I steamed it and then mixed it in with the creamy hummus and ate the results with crackers. I am working towards a goal of eating more vegetables. Veggie shmeggie, it's ridiculously easy to quell hunger pangs with bread or crackers and hummus when you've minused yourself from the meat equation and you live in Winterville and you don't have ample time to cook.

But protein is also fine. Quite fine.

Toronto sushi is easy on the wallet and the eyes.


I'd also like to run some time, Universe, if you're listening. I seem to be too busy/sleep deprived/sick for running, even short jogs, but I am planning a Sunday morning adventure that will be dreamy. I just know.

Today's effort to add some non-spinning exercise backfired, in a way. I walked to the bus stop to catch my second bus. A good 45 minute hike across the bridge. Just in time to wave bye-bye to the bus as it drove away, leaving me to wait in the cold for 30 minutes. You bet a warm cup of cocoa I wanted to cry.

My journey to work took 1.5 hours, and I had no one to blame but myself. Wah!



No comments: