Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pad Nat


Like a hysterical house cat on catnip, we continue to go gaga over Southeast Asian meals around here. Tonight I fried up rice noodles, eggs, carrots, baby bokchoy and broccoli in a vegetarian oyster sauce, and at the table, threw a handful of dried mini shrimp and some chopped cashews on top and baptized the whole lot with squirts of lime.

The tiny shrimp had a monstrously large scent in the jar, but after their release to my plate of noodles I could barely taste them or feel any crunch even after adding a second handful! Maybe they are incognito experts.


Not pad thai but a reasonable facsimile and reasonably tasty. 

Gonna be eating similar dinners this week, I think. Hope my meager stock of limes holds up!

Oh yeah. I ran today! A delicious long run. Admired pristine patches of snow that glittered in the bright sunlight. Smiled at dogs walking their humans. Thought about stuff.



1 comment:

Michael said...

XC skiing, give it a try! I'm guessing you could whip up a tasty meal on the wood stove in one of the many cabins in Gat park.