Wednesday, January 21, 2015

In the present

It's cold. The evening sky deletes its pink ribbon clouds quickly, leaving the dark to settle like dust on our shoulders. Yep, treadmill weather.

Had a solid 45 minute run tonight. Solid but not easy. Boredom flowed like gatorade. I didn't find my running groove. No state of euphoria was reached. Near the end a few tears threaten to flow (sappy sitcoms can get to me) and for a minute somewhere in the middle I felt a flicker of rage red hot as a flame. Running calls up inner demons I guess, and I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't  experience emotional aches and twinges myself once in a while. 

What made the run solid, then? I played some mind tricks on myself and loosened my grip on time. Focused on the present and not the end, which is always out of reach. It doesn't always work but it helped in a huge way tonight!

What's for din-din?
Whole wheat pasta w/ homemade sauce

No comments: