Friday, April 18, 2014

Running and a big red

A day off! I ran for an hour. 

Every step felt strong. I chose areas of the path that have little incline, and there weren't many people out and about. Little traffic. A few cyclists and people with dogs. No troubles, with the exception of my GPS, which doesn't work properly if not fully charged. It wasn't, and it didn't. Useless, but no matter. I didn't need to time myself today.

When I got back to the apartment, I did the 15-minutes "ab ripper" - the P90X abs routine. For some reason I've decided that I need to do abs three times a week. For what? My dedication is questionable, as are the effects. I could be making other promises to myself, ones that will produce greater payoffs, like promising to write for an hour a day, or looking for a better job for an hour every day. I don't know why the abs promise has a hold on me right now but it does, so I'm going to ride it out, see how long it lasts. 


The big red flight - Ithaca
I haven't really mentioned our trip to Ithaca in early March!

On our second evening, we went to a busy tapas resto and ended up sitting on stools at the far end of the bar. Turns out the bar was a fantastic place to sit and sample dishes and wines. We ordered a flight of bold red wines and a few plates to share that sounded interesting. The dish in the centre of the photo is warm greens with walnuts, kidney beans, and blue cheese. To the right are a - school? - of fish croquettes that reminded us of deep fried Portuguese fish cakes - soooo tasty.

Everything was delicious. Ithaca is a great place to visit if you're hungry.


1 comment:

cs said...

Enjoy the abs train and the nicer weather!