Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Wednesday whatevers

I'm not feeling all that motivated these days. Motivation is not a dragon breathing down my neck and making me do stuff that needs doing--stuff like exercise. I love to bike and run in the summer. I like doing weights and dropping into a yoga class for some stretching, and all manner of hiking and wandering. I like these activities, I really do! Except when it's humid and I have homework to finish.


Someone had the audacity to bring a set of digial scales into my home last night, and I couldn't resist stepping on. Oy! Ironically, this person also cooks up an array of delicious Indian curries that would put the entire city of Mumbai to shame, and we have been feasting on curries every night for a few weeks now.

Biking and running were not options for the evening, but I wanted to find an activity.
The humid heat in our apartment feels a lot like the atmosphere of a hot yoga class. The warmth is comforting, surrounding our bodies like blankets.

I tried a few sequences of sun salutations and noticed that I didn't overheat after even a half dozen go-arounds. (These were performed entirely from memory, and although I'm rusty I wasn't too far from the video I watched on yogajournal.com.) It was pretty fun. My stuff back needs some serious stretching after sitting all day, so I think a few rounds of sun salutations after work would be a nice fix.



1 comment:

cs said...

Yeah, sometimes it's hard to get into the sauna mindset. You gave it a good go, though!