Friday, May 3, 2013

Dreaming success

Weird dreams! Finally my mind led me somewhere interesting last night, and I had dreams about exactly god knows what but they were urgent and colorful, and woke me up at least once. It was great to be released from the humdrumery of deadbeat dreams - waiting for elevators and the like - and free to run around in my head.

After polishing off another crunchy bag of salty snacks from D's care package (gracias!) I did this simple workout last night:

6 rounds of:
  • 10 squats with 5 lb weights
  • 10 sit ups with 5 lb weights
  • 10 push ups (modified)

Followed by 20 squats with 8 lb weights, and then 10 burpees. All to the soundtrack of the Ottwa-Montreal hockey game as I tried to coax some testosterone from the players into defecting and joining my bloodstream team. As far as I can tell, it was no go.

This morning I headed outside for a 40-minute run in the beautiful sunshine, then another set of 20 squats and 10 burpees in the living room, the cat acting as my spotter. The back of my shoulders have been stunned into a light soreness which will heat up into paralyzing grassfire before long. Burn on.

I sorely (haha) need to get my push up game on. I have always wanted to be able to do 10 full push ups in a row but never could get past 3 or 4, and currently that number is probably more like 1.

Hmmm, this is sounding disturbingly like a plan being broadcast and I'm not really comfortable with that. But there it is. I said it. 10 full push ups by the end of August! That gives me lots of time to meet this goal.

2 comments:

cs said...

YEAH! Best vibes for 10 by Aug!
And I'm impressed: six rounds? Man, I check out after three.

Fran said...

But I did them only once - they're not even close to "daily double" status!