Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Tequila!

There's no chaotic booze here - um, at work! - but it's to celebrate that taxes have been filed before the due date and that is one heady feeling. I started in on the tax duties before yesterday, and then last night I felt I should look things over before I submitted the file. I was treated to some pre-submission excitement when I realized CRA had my previous address and not my current one, and I wouldn't be able to file until that matter was, ahem, addressed. I spent some time waiting on the line. All done now.

Even after that mental weight was lifted and I was giddy with irresponsibility once again I didn't sleep well. I fell into more than a few reality-based dreams, the kind where I find myself involved in banal activities the same as in my waking life: waiting for an elevator, or completing a crossword puzzle. I feel cheated, slighted even, when Morpheus, playing the punishing parent, prevents me from trekking across a Fellini dreamscape at night. As though I am a toddler attempting to stray across a highway. All I want to do is to explore the absurd side of the moon, man.

When my alarm freaked I pushed myself out of superboring dreams and right into my running kicks and tackled the 5k loop. It was warm. I wore my skirt. Last week, I wore substantially more, including a hat and gloves. Spring is like that. Yesterday I did some shoulder work and I still feel a little tender. Love that.

1 comment:

cs said...

Oh,those chore dreams are a bummer. Hope the content improves and you get wafted to other planetary systems, never mind the boring old moon!