Monday, April 15, 2013

Exercise?

My fitness goals fell beneath the treads of a tank last week. Things to do and people to see. Now that all of that is over with, I have some space to think about how this week will shape up. I started the day with a 5k run, so things are looking up.

Actually I shelved running for the past two weeks, even going so far as to miss two long runs in a row. Sometimes I can't go running when I think that I should be doing something else. Usually that's school work. It's a type of misplaced guilt mixed with procrastination and a dash of fatigue. Anyway, a couple of long runs should be easy to bounce back from, and anyway I still have time to prep for a marathon this year if I find one. Without considering any constraints, my preference is the east coast race my good friend is training for. Unfortunately the mid-summer trek to smalltown NS might prove too difficult to integrate into my as yet undetermined plans. I'd rather wait for a race that's closer to home.

For the week ahead, I'd like to run on the odd mornings, and tackle two Z-wows on the mornings in between. I have no social commitments or school deadlines this week - what a gift! - so I should be able to go to bed early every night, plus a yoga class! Now that is something to be excited about.

2 comments:

cs said...

Best vibes for a super fitness week!

Fran said...

Thanks for your comment, Steel Toes!