Monday, May 14, 2012

Leaves, arrives


I arrived at my office building early this morning, because I was late.

I was trying to get myself fed, dressed and ready to catch an earlier bus, and it all looked possible, but my eyes were whining for purple eye liner, so I decided to catch the next bus 15 minutes later. Eyeliner doesn’t require substantial application time, just a quick line and I’m done. With time still on my side, I hopped over the cafĂ© to pick up a coffee and bumped into a colleague who, it turns out, always grabs a coffee at just that time, and owns a car.

She has a sunny disposition and we chatted for the ride, so it was much more pleasant than the usual routine, plus I arrived 45 minutes early with good coffee and a bemused smile. Hot damn.

Ran the shorter route through the woods alone at lunch. The high noon heat poked at my thirst. As I rounded a corner I was surprised to see shadows where before there had been direct sunlight. The leaves on the little copse of trees had grown large enough to shield that area of the path from the sun.

36:42

No comments: