Sunday, September 26, 2010

Headwind

I just discovered that a website I have followed for years has been renamed. Recipezaar.com is now Food.com, and yeah, it still serves basically the same function as before, storing and offering millions of recipes. The original site in the 90s was a collection of hyperlinked pages without images, and over the years I read and downloaded books' worth of recipes. It's been redesigned many times since, but the new name and appearance are dramatic changes. It's like arriving at your office building and finding that your job is the same as before but you're working for another company (with a lamer name. Food.com doesn't sound or look nearly as elegant as a name with "zaar.")

This morning I overslept and missed the group run, so I ran the 18k on my own (on 5 hours of sleep). The misty weather was ideal for a long run.




I didn't feel a breeze on the first half of the run, but I definitely felt a headwind when I turned around for the second half. I think this poor tree lying across the bike path might have been the victim of some harsh gales.

No comments: