Sunday, April 18, 2010

Puzzling

35 minutes! That's the longest pain-free run since my injury. It's Sunday, the traditional day of the long run, and I knew I wanted to try a longer distance today, but I put it off until late in the day. I was a bit anxious because I saw this distance as a test of my situation, and I wasn't sure what to expect, but the real reason why I didn't run until later is that this puzzle got the best of my afternoon:

So it was evening when I set out. Passing my neighbors' apartment in the hallway I smelled a delicious dinner cooking. Something with sauteed garlic and seafood. Outside, I saw the grey sky, then felt a few drops when I started running but mercifully none afterwards. I started with a shorter stride and tried to pay attention: if I felt pain, I was going to slow down, possibly to a walk. I didn't need to, though. When I got to the path, I could see a bright yellow strip of sky close to the horizon. I saw many geese nibbling at blades of tender spring grass. Older couples sitting on benches, chatting together. It was a pleasant run. Perhaps it was a success becuz M. treated me to a nourishing b-fast this morning:

Rounded out with too many coffee refills and two crossword puzzles!

1 comment:

cs said...

35 minutes without ITBS!! NICE!!